Telephone # (226) 647-3013
Charitable # 846678514 RP0001
MissionPat the Dog Theatre Creation is Ontario's only playwright development centre open to playwrights at all stages of their career. We are an incubator for Canadian theatre, which means we are a process-based theatre organization dedicated to the creation of new and innovative work for contemporary Canadian stages. Our mandate is to put local stories on local stages. We believe that telling and disseminating local stories, which reflect the diversity of our citizenry makes our community stronger and enhances the quality of life for all of our citizens.
Program ImpactWe help develop local voices through several developmental tools including:
- Text+Tech: A nationally-recognized, curated exploration of technology, digital integration in text and theatre practice.
- The Women's Room: A partnership with Sonderlust, The Women's Room is the first and only female playwrights unit in Waterloo Region.
- E-bulletin: A bi-weekly newsletter of opportunities and news for Canadian playwrights. Pat the Dog's e-bulletin has the largest subscription base in Canada.
- Intake for playwrights: Pat the Dog's main services to Ontario playwrights include one-to-one dramaturgy as well as in-house and public readings and workshops.
- $25 provides a playwright with a six month subscription to our e-bulletin.
- $50 pays a playwright for three hours of creation time.
- $100 pays a playwright for six hours of creation time.
- $250 pays a playwright to spend a one day residency with Pat the Dog.
- $500 pays a playwright to hear their play read by professional actors hired by Pat the Dog.
- $5,000 pays a full theatre team (playwright, director, actors) for a complete workshop.
- $10,000 pays a playwright to work full-time in the field in which they are trained to write a new Canadian play.