To provide shelter and support to pregnant and parenting women in our community.
We offer a caring home and provide for the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of women in need during pregnancy, childbirth and early parenthood.
Michael House Supportive Housing (Emily’s Place)
Just over a year ago, Kelly was lost when a caregiver, her beloved grandmother, passed away at a young age. Kelly was pregnant, unsure of her future and considering abortion. After a cousin told her about Michael House, Kelly applied and moved in one week later. It was here that Kelly found the support she needed. She found hope.
A few months later, Kelly and her beautiful baby Sadie moved into their own unit at our new Supportive Housing building. She is now living independently and proactively working towards her goals for the future. Kelly has worked hard on budgeting and has learned so much about attachment parenting. She has come a long way in cultivating strong, healthy relationships and has great supports around her. It was a big accomplishment when she finished high school! She has also been dealing with past trauma in order to move forward in a healthy way.
- $25 buys a box of diapers OR formula for one baby for a week.
- $100 donation provides the ability to offer drop-in client support/services twice a month. Drop-ins offer a variety of different support including home cooked meals, life-skills, time to connect with (or meet new!) peers, etc.
- $365 donation pays for a full day of front line staff support and supervision in our Residential Program.
- $500 donation buys a crib for one child.
- $1,000 donation provides 2 months of electricity for 12 women and babies living in our shelter facility.
Angels are monthly donors who make a special commitment to our moms and babies. Angels help provide us with stable funding so that we can, in turn, provide a stable home for vulnerable pregnant women and new mothers in our community.
For as little as $25 a month you can impact lives at Michael House. It is simple and easy to join, and you can cancel at any time.
As an Angel you will receive each year:
- The picture of a baby whose life your gift has positively impacted
- A magnetic picture frame
- Annual updates
You can also make a one-time donation, run a third-party event with proceeds going to Michael House, or volunteer your time to help out. Please see our website or contact us for more information.