Telephone # (519) 896-6233
Charitable # 139072060 RR0001
MissionOur mission is to stop impaired driving and to support victims of this violent crime.
National Awareness and Victim Support ServicesRaising public awareness about the dangers of impaired driving is a critical strategy used to prevent more deaths and injuries from occurring. MADD Canada's national public awareness programs include:
- Campaign 911 - Campaign 911 educates and empowers the public about the right course of action to take if they see a driver they suspect is impaired.
- Project Red Ribbon - An annual campaign, beginning on November 1st, which gives the opportunity for drivers to display a red ribbon on their vehicles in support of sober driving.
- Educational videos for schools and community groups.
- Public Service Announcements for radio, television, and print campaigns.
- Printed materials which include booklets and brochures.
- MADD Matters - A national newsletter sent quarterly to victims, members, supporters, and community leaders to keep everyone informed about impaired driving issues and MADD Canada activities.
Donation ImpactAll donations made to MADD Waterloo Region stay in our region! All donations are used to support victims, and promote education and awareness through various different means including the school assembly program and many community events. A MADD Canada donor has the following rights:
- To be informed of our mission and its purpose.
- To have access to information about how donations have been spent.
- To know that we will always strive to keep our fundraising and administrative costs to a minimum.
- To know that we will use donated funds as intended.
- To receive an appropriate acknowledgement of your donation, including a thank you and a charitable receipt (if required).
- To expect that our organization will not exchange or rent your name without first allowing you the opportunity to decline.
- To be treated with respect and professionalism in all your dealings with our organization.