Development Associate - Stakeholder Relations
Telephone # (519) 747-0664 ext. 226
Charitable # 133293928 RR0001
MissionTo mobilize volunteers and community partners in building affordable housing and promoting homeownership as a means to breaking the cycle of poverty.
HomeownershipHomeownership is out of reach for many families because a down payment is often too difficult to save for, and interest charges make a mortgage payment more than many can afford. That's where we come in! Focused on providing a hand up and not a hand out, Habitat Waterloo Region partners with families who are willing to volunteer 250 hours, per adult, of "sweat equity," and will repay a zero-down payment, interest-free mortgage. Because of our volunteers and donors like you, this fall we celebrate Lifang and Hongwei Cao, and their two sons, moving into their new Habitat home in Kitchener on Kehl Street! They are proud Canadian citizens, and can't wait to cook and share food with their new community. Lifang has worked in community and academic services and is excited about bringing those skills to Canada. She is "passionate about helping more women integrate into science, tech, math and engineering." For the Cao family, homeownership is more than just community, it is security. Lifang says that it means that their "kids will grow up more confident in a secure environment." Every family deserves a decent place to live. Help more families in need, like the Cao family, achieve stability and self-reliance through homeownership.
- For every $1 invested, $4 of social benefits will be returned to our community through our homeownership program
- Using volunteer man power to build homes saves Habitat Waterloo Region $100,000 per house built
- 1 kitchen cupboard resale in the ReStores covers office supplies for 6
Giving OpportunityThere are many ways you can help us provide a hand up to local families in need: Donations - Every little helps! Check out http://habitatwr.ca/donate
- Funds donated: Because our ReStores cover all of our administrative costs, all funds are applied directly towards our homeownership program
- Items donated: Our ReStores are always in need of donations of gently used household items
- Shop: At our ReStores
- Build Site(s) (including team builds!)
- Hospitality (help us feed our volunteers!)