Telephone # 519-621-5511 ext. 234
Charitable # 125911313 RR0001
MissionDrayton Entertainment is committed to providing high quality live theatrical entertainment while maintaining fiscal responsibility and embracing community integrity. Striving to surpass patron expectations is what makes us unique. Our mission consists of three interrelated parts: Production Mission: To produce, present, and promote the finest in live theatrical entertainment and related activities in a wide variety of innovative styles. Economic Mission: To operate the company on a sound financial basis by balancing artistic integrity with fiscal responsibility, to provide our patrons with increasing value for money, and our employees with enhanced career opportunities and financial rewards. Social Mission: To operate the company in a way that recognizes the central role that theatre plays in the structure of society by initiating innovative ways to improve the quality of life of a broad community.
Audience Development Cultural Enrichment Programming for KW AudiencesIn the 21st century, communities need to be strategic about how they build and sustain creative ecologies. The Cultural Enrichment Program aims to expand Drayton Entertainment's scope of live theatre programming to include other artistic disciplines such as orchestral music, ballet/dance, magic, comedy, speakers' series, and concerts. The goal is to promote cultural heritage within Waterloo Region and provide a voice for these activities through a dynamic cultural environment that:
- Promotes life-long learning, knowledge, and awareness about a wide range of creative pursuits
- Enhances a sustainability of arts and cultural activities
- Creates a more artistically vibrant milieu at a community, provincial, and national level
- Heightens the awareness about the role of creativity in community building
- Year 1 of the program saw paid attendance of 4,510 spread over five unique artistic disciplines: Ballet (1,462), Symphony (1,002), Children's Entertainer (408), orchestral Concert (1,014), and Comedy Juggler (624).
- Four of the five events played to audiences in excess of 90% venue capacity, the success of which demonstrates there is a strong appetite among residents to engage in a variety of artistic disciplines outside of live theatre.
- The strong response and return on investment in terms of audience engagement warrants Drayton Entertainment taking measures to incorporate the series as a fixed business unit within its annual operating budget.