To provide caring and compassionate support and advocacy for children and youth who are victims or witnesses of abuse or crime and their families. We fulfill our mission through our three core programs:
- Child Witness Program
- Child and Youth Advocate Program, within the Child and Youth Advocacy Centre of Waterloo Region
- Youth Symposium Program
…that you were a child or youth who was a victim or witness of abuse or violence.
…that the accused was someone you knew.
…how this can affect you and your family over your lifetime.
Now imagine that someone is there to walk with you through the investigation, help you and your family get the support that you need, and if charges are laid, support you and advocate on your behalf through the court system. That is the work of the Child Witness Centre and we will be there so you and your family are heard, helped and can begin to heal.
The impact of our programs is best understood through the feedback we receive from both parents and kids that we support.
“Thank you for the support and information I was given, making me feel safe and knowing I was well taken care of.” A Youth
“My family has changed as a direct result of the trauma that we have endured. However, I am very grateful and feel fortunate for your support. My family truly benefited from the services that your organization offers.” A Parent
“Very excellent program! Thank you for all you do. My son’s anxiety was lessened significantly because of this program.” A Parent
- $25 provides a taxi ride for a young anxious teen to meet with a staff member to answer their questions and alleviate their fears.
- $100 provides a child with in-person appointments to learn about other community supports available.
- $365 allows us to accompany a child or youth to court for a full day, so that they are not alone.
- $1,000 provides support and advocacy for a child and their family.
Children and youth make up 20% of our population but are 100% of our future. Consider making an investment in the future by donating to the Child Witness Centre. We accept donations from individuals, businesses, foundations, community groups, matching funds or third party events. Volunteers are needed throughout the year for various projects. More information on donating or volunteering can be found on our secure website.