Telephone # 519-743-6333
Charitable # 106880115 RR0001
MissionCarizon is a multi-service community organization committed to improving the future of individuals and families through supportive, therapeutic and preventative programs.
Refugees & NewcomersCarizon supports newcomers to Canada with outreach programs, group counselling for refugees, and educational workshops to build community capacity. Our group programs and workshops help to decrease isolation and anxiety, and provide an opportunity for participants to manage their lives in a new country, deal with trauma, manage social health challenges, access community resources, and explore issues around parenting in the context of two cultures. Carizon's counselling and community service work means that newcomers and refugees:
- Receive group counselling responsive to emerging needs,
- Have support in navigating the mental health system,
- Get connected through organized programming, decreasing isolation, stress and anxiety, and
- Deal with trauma and access supportive resources.
Donation ImpactMore than 19,000 children and adults receive direct service from Carizon's therapeutic, supportive, and preventative programs. Carizon provides a full range of services that work together to create a community of wellness. This means that:
- People get the help they need when faced with difficult and challenging circumstances,
- Preventative programs are in place to build strong families and resilient individuals,
- Children and youth are provided with opportunities to reach their full potential, and
- Families live and work in a supportive and healthy community of wellness.