Telephone # (519) 740-0248
Charitable # 844027326 RR0001
- To provide the community with educational programming that increases awareness and understanding of contemporary art through exposure to local and national artists;
- To exhibit, at no charge, outdoor public art in an accessible, viewer-friendly setting;
- To contribute to the cultural health of the City of Cambridge and improve the urban environment by creating and maintaining a visually dynamic public green space.
Garden EnhancementsThe Cambridge Sculpture Garden is currently undergoing both pathway and entrance upgrades. We are in the process of enhancing the garden for public accessibility and visibility, and are seeking funds to transform our stone and dust pathway into a hard surface path, which will be more suitable for members of the public who have walking challenges and for families with strollers. We have completed the first phase of this project, which required interlock bricks to be installed at both the river and boulevard entrances. The second phase will be connecting the newly paved pathway with a cement path. We are also seeking support for entrance features (planters, signage, etc.) that will better signal the public entrance points of the garden. Guests of the Cambridge Sculpture Garden - mainly elderly seniors - need a secure footing in the garden. At the moment, the limestone screening is not compatible with wheelchairs, canes or strollers. Once the upgrades are completed, the garden will be easily accessible to all members of the general public, which will allow families and individuals to enjoy the garden and everything it has to offer.
Donation ImpactFunds that are needed for our current projects in the Cambridge Sculpture Garden are:
- $20,000 - the completion of the new cement pathway
- $3,000 - two large garden pots at the front entrance of the garden
- $2,000 - four banners along the riverwalk on the Grand River
- $3,000 - a new sign at the front garden, which will be illuminated at night
- $4,000 - a new temporary sculpture exhibition (every second year we present a new sculpture in the garden)
- $600/year - provide new materials to plant in both the garden and the new pots every year