- We offer safe and affordable housing to our members.
- We govern our decision making by the co-operative principles.
- We manage our finances and resources carefully.
- We are concerned about our impact on the environment and will make decisions to minimize our environmental footprint whenever possible.
- We are a diverse community.
- We treat others with respect.
- We balance the needs of the community with the needs of the individual.
- We work together to promote community life within the co-op.
- We promote collective responsibility for the well-being of the co-op and encourage members to share their time and skills for the co-op’s benefit.
- We share a responsibility for the well-being of the larger community.
Playground and Play Surface Replacement
Our current playground is over ten years old and in need of an update. Our current play surface is pea gravel, which is no longer recommended. We have more than one million dollars in other capital work to fund, so the replacement of the playground and play surface is in need of funding.
The children in the co-op (and their friends in the neighbourhood) would benefit from better and safer play opportunities. All members of the co-op would benefit from more eyes on the street and from making the co-op a better place to live for families with children.
We need a new playground, and a better play surface. Without assistance from the community, it could be another ten years before we can afford to undertake this project.
The co-op is looking for a donor or donors to fund the playground and play surface replacement initiative. It is expected that the replacements would cost between $25,000 and $30,000.