To encourage growth and enhance life experiences for participants with developmental disABILITIES, through building bonds of friendship, creating meaningful activities, providing opportunities that increase well-being and by fostering purposeful community connections.
Day Program Services
A day program for young adults (18+) with developmental disABILITIES. Transitional program also available for those 14+.
- Adults in Motion (AIM) provides a safe and supportive environment where participants engage in meaningful activities that promote personal growth and community inclusion.
- AIM unites persons with developmental disABILITIES who are interested in building friendships and expanding their social network.
- AIM provides opportunities for participants to develop confidence, build life skills and increase independence.
- AIM encourages participants to engage in activities that promote physical health, exercise and emotional well being.
- AIM recognizes that many participants are looking for the ‘next step’ beyond high school – developing work skills, engaging in purposeful community involvement, increasing independence and being a productive young adult. At AIM we are MOVING FORWARD TOGETHER!
ANY donation of time or skill positively affects the lives of the individuals that AIM supports. The donation of time also positively affects the donor/volunteer.
A $72 donation covers one day of programming for an individual with special needs. A $359 donation covers the cost of tuition for two days a week for a month.
AIM is continually looking for daily program support, as well as financial contributions in order to provide an AIMazing service to individuals with developmental disABILITIES and their families.
AIM looks for individuals to volunteer their time in our program providing 1:1 support, group support, and specialized programming such as fitness programs, arts and crafts programs, woodworking, ewaste, etc.
AIM is also open to financial contributions to assist with program costs, as well as assisting individuals with tuition fees. This would be for low-income individuals who have limited or no government funding.